How to Arrange Furniture in a Small Room?
- 0 Comment(s)
- Oct 21, 2019
Designing a room is always a tricky affair. You should not only enhance the visual appeal of the room but also add to the overall functionality. The task becomes even more challenging when you have to decorate a small room.
The careful selection of furniture is the first thing that you should consider while decorating a small room. Once the right furniture is selected, you should pay attention to its careful arrangement.
Here are a few things to consider while arranging furniture in a small room.
- Living Room: If the living room is small, it is best to go for 2-3 armchairs instead of big sofas. You should make sure that the furniture is arranged closer to the wall. This creates a spacious feel to the room.
Grouping furniture also helps to create a spacious look to the room. For example, if you have a sofa and chairs in your living room, then put all the chairs on one side and the sofa on the other side. You can do away with carpet as it can create a cramped-up look in the room. Hang a mirror on the wall to create an illusion of space.
- Dining room: The shape of the dining table selected should depend on the shape of the room. In the case of rectangular room, it is best to go for rectangular table. If the room is small, then round tables would be the best. A foldable table can also be used if you entertain guests regularly.
If the dining room hardly gets space to walk around after arranging the furniture, then you can consider moving the table towards the wall. You can even consider using an ottoman with storage, which can be tucked beneath the dining table.
- Bedroom: In the case of a small bedroom, you can go for a platform bed with built-in storage. It would be a good idea to go for two full-size beds instead of a single king-size bed. This way you can rearrange the furniture as per your requirement.
While arranging the furniture, you can push it closer to the wall to increase the walkable area in the bedroom. In case of kids bedroom, bunk bed with metal frame is a good choice.
Tips for Selecting the Furniture
- Try to go for multi-functional furniture in all rooms. For eg, an ottoman that can be used as a coffee table would work well in a small living room.
- Opt for furniture with in-built storage. For, eg; a footstool with storage can be used in the bedroom or living room.
- Use a freestanding mirror in the bedroom. It not only acts as a dressing mirror but also creates an illusion of space.
- A coffee table with a tempered glass top opens up space in the living room and does not make the room look all cramped up.
The trick in decorating a small room lies in the careful selection of the furniture. When this furniture is arranged aesthetically keeping the above tips in mind, it provides a wonderful visual treat.